Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter


In honor of the winter Olympics, I've painted an allegorical work called "Winter". Actually, I started this painting last year as a fairly normal, realistic, true color painting of dancer Chelsea S. As with other works that I'm not 100% happy with, I tacked it up in the studio to "look at" for a while. Over time, I gradually kept painting everything but the hands and the rose back to a cool, lower key, blue. It took it's own direction...I followed. It represents something I'm really looking forward to...winter's transition into spring. Shown 85% complete here. 24x30. Click on the image for a better look.

2 comments:

Steve McAfee said...

Really nice! The handling of the color remind me of a Robert Heindel-which is a good thing.

Anita Stoll said...

Very beautiful but It does sort of make me warm up a bit.