Monday, May 12, 2014

Good Night and Happy Trails, Dr. Laura

..............It's not a good night when you find out one of your best models is moving away. Laura was Batgirl, Thouroughly Modern Milley, a cat, Tinkerbell and a host of other characters to us. She has an awesome costume collection and always posed in character. She, and her costumes, will be missed and thought of often. We wish her well on her new adventures. She came tonight as herself...audiologist Laura. This was my favorite drawing of the night. 15 minutes, conte and pastel.

2 comments:

bryarerose said...

It has been an honor working with you. I am really going to miss the Monday Night Drawing Class. :( Please look me up if you're in Florida. :) And let me know if you have any artist friends there in need of a model. ;)

Martin Pate said...

Will do Laura...and oh, I realized that I put Peter Pan instead of Tinkerbell...corrected my mistake. Best wishes! Thanks for everything.